Israeli PM’s Advisor Visits Jordan
Israel Prime Minister Ariel Sharon’s Political Adviser, Danny Ayalon arrived in Amman on Thursday on a short visit to hold talks with the Jordanian Foreign Minister, Dr. Marwan al-Moasher.
According to Israel Radio, Ayalon’s visit comes in response to an invitation from al-Moasher aimed at strengthening bilateral relations between the neighboring countries of Jordan and Israel, reported the Kuwait News Agency (KUNA).
Israeli political sources, quoted by the radio, said that Jordan is concerned with regards to the escalation of tension in the Palestinian territories and fears unrest in the region’s stability could evolve as a result of the situation.
Jordan and Israel have witnessed strenuous relations since the Palestinian uprising began 17 months ago against Israeli occupation. Amongst other reasons for the tense ties was Israel’s strictness over the entry of Jordanian products into Israel under the pretext of economic reasons at one-point and security reasons, at another time. (Albawaba.com)
- Israeli security services head visits Washington for talks with top US officials; Powell may soon visit Israel
- Israeli Minister Visits Spy in Egyptian Jail, Proposes Meeting to End Violence
- Indian PM visits in Syria, voices concern regarding regional situation
- Modi to become first Indian PM to visit Israel
- Arafat to Brief Jordan\'s King Abdullah on Washington Talks