Israeli Security Guard Dies after East Jerusalem Shooting
One of two Israeli security guards shot at an Israeli government building in occupied east Jerusalem on Monday has died of his injuries, reported AFP, quoting hospital officials.
Al-Manar TV reported that a Palestinian shot the two Israelis in Asfahan street.
The second Israeli is in a serious condition, a police spokesman told AFP.
He said the two taken to hospital in Jerusalem both in serious condition after the shooting at the state-run Israeli National Insurance Office in east Jerusalem.
Witnesses told AFP that a youth shot the two men in the back of the head at close range at the entrance of the building, said AFP.
"It's more than likely that it is a terror act," a senior police officer told AFP.
Police closed the offices and launched a manhunt in the area.
It is the first attack of its kind in Jerusalem since a wave of violence exploded across the Palestinian territories more than a month ago - (Several Sources)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Islamic Group Claims Israeli Guard Killing in Jerusalem
- Jerusalem: Palestinian shot dead after grabbing pistol from Israeli guard
- Riots in East Jerusalem after Palestinian shot dead
- Report: Israeli Police Patrol Came under Fire in East Jerusalem, No Injuries
- Israeli Settler Shot and Wounded in East Jerusalem