Israeli Soldier Dies of Wounds Suffered in Gaza Attack Saturday
An Israeli soldier who was shot in the head in an attack by a Palestinian policeman in the Gaza Strip on Saturday died of his wounds on Monday, the army said.
Sergeant Sharon Shitubi, had been in hospital in the southern desert city of Beer Sheva in a critical condition after being shot on Saturday near the Kfar Darom Jewish settlement in the central Gaza Strip.
Another soldier, 21-year-old Baruch Plum, was killed when the policeman opened fire, and another was another injured.
The Palestinian Authority announced a probe into the attack by the policeman Bahaaeddine Saeed, who was himself shot dead.
Almost 250 people, most of them Palestinians, have been killed in the wave of unrest that has ripped through the Palestinian territories over the past seven weeks – JERUSALEM (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Gaza Strip: Two Palestinians die; Suicide bombing attack wounds Israeli soldier
- Israeli Soldier Dies of Wounds Suffered in Beit Hanoun Gunbattle
- Israeli Soldier Dies after Bomb Attack in Gaza Strip
- Gaza Strip: One Israeli soldier killed, three wounded in Palestinian attacks
- Authorities open Sharon bribery probe