Israeli soldiers raid Tulkarem, arrest Palestinians and destroy house in West Bank
Israeli soldiers exchanged gunfire with Palestinian resistance fighters in the northern West Bank on Monday as troops invaded the Tulkarem refugee camp. Palestinian security sources said at least 25 tanks and jeeps entered the camp and troops surrounded a number of houses, using explosives to blow the doors in. At least one Palestinian was wounded by Israeli fire.
Elsewhere in the West Bank, Israeli forces operating overnight in Bir Zeit, north of Ramallah, arrested nine members of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP), reports said Monday. Israeli troops also demolished a house in the West Bank village of Yata.
In Qalqilia region, Israeli occupying forces stormed the West Bank town of Azzoun and arrested three Palestinians, WAFA reported.
In the Gaza Strip, a Qassam rocket fired from the Gaza Strip landed inside Israel on Monday, in a settlement close to the Israel-Gaza border. No injuries were reported, although a hen-house was damaged. Police sappers arrived at the scene to check the remains of the rocket, according to Israel's Army Radio.
Earlier Monday, Palestinians opened fire on an Israeli military outpost, close to the Israel-Egypt border. The were no injuries in the incident. (Albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Israeli Forces Storm Village in Tulkarem, Fire Exchanges Reported in West Bank
- Palestinian girl shot dead in Gaza Strip; Israeli troops raid Tulkarem, destroy house
- Israeli Army Kidnaps 12 Palestinians in Night Raid, Destroys House of Fighter
- Israeli soldiers arrest Palestinian in W. Bank, two police officers in Rafah as additional homes destroyed
- Bahrain: 42 houses to be destroyed