Israeli troops kill five Palestinians in West Bank, Gaza Strip clashes
Israeli occupation forces killed five Palestinians Thursday, including three men in the Gaza Strip, and two in the West Bank city of Tulkarem.
In the est Bank city of Tulkarem, soldiers shot dead two Palestinians who the army said belonged to al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades. Palestinian officials said only one of the men was a brigades member.
Elsewhere in the West Bank, Palestinians reported that 17 residents of Tamoun, a village near Jenin, were wounded in clashes with Israeli forces following the demolition of a home in the village. Earlier, three Palestinian children were injured by Israeli fire in the village.
In addition, Israeli armored force swept into the Palestinian city of Hebron. Witnesses said soldiers had entered private homes, stormed Palestinian Authority offices and blocked major roads in the city. Israeli troops also closed Palestinian television and radio stations. Palestinian sources said soldiers fired in the air to enforce curfew, and prevented children from going to school.
Additionally, a 60-year-old Palestinian man was wounded by Israeli gunfire at a roadblock near Ramallah Thursday morning.
According to the Israeli army, in the Gaza Strip, troops intercepted the launch of a Qassam rocket, shooting and killing three Palestinians as they were about to launch the missile in the northern town of Beit Hanoun. (Albawaba.com)
- Two Palestinians killed in Tulkarem, Gaza Strip; Israeli troops start to leave Hebron
- 10 Palestinians killed in Gaza Strip, W. Bank; Israeli soldier shot dead
- At least seven Palestinians killed in Gaza Strip and West Bank; Israeli incursions in Hebron, Dir al Balah
- Three Palestinians shot dead; Settlers wound Palestinian boy
- Six Palestinians, two Israeli soldiers killed in West Bank and Gaza Strip