Israeli Troops Kill Three Palestinians in Fierce Clashes in Gaza Strip
Three Palestinians were killed and seven others injured in fierce confrontations with Israeli troops in the Gaza Strip on Wednesday.
A 10-year-old Palestinian boy as well as two members of the Palestinian civil defense force were killed in the clashes.
Hani As-Sufi, was shot in the head during the gunbattle near the Rafah refugee camp, officials said, adding that his 16-year-old sister was among the some 25 Palestinians injured in the same area.
The two firemen were killed earlier when Israeli troops opened fire on their car at the Netzarim junction in the Gaza Strip on Wednesday, witnesses and hospital sources said.
The two victims were identified as Rifaat Abu Mazuk, and Nedal Aoun, 28.
Also, seven Palestinians were shot and injured during the confrontations with the Israeli troops, witnesses and hospital officials said.
Three Palestinians were wounded in an exchange of fire with Israeli soldiers near the Rafah refugee camp on the border between the Gaza Strip and Egypt. Two had been shot in the head and were in serious condition, hospital officials said.
In another incident, Israeli soldiers opened fire on Palestinian workers at the industrial zone near the Erez checkpoint into Israel, injuring four of them with live bullets, witnesses and hospital officials said.
Palestinians said protests flared for the second day running after workers at the Israeli-controlled zone in the north of the Gaza Strip were ordered to undergo searches by sniffer dogs -- GAZA CITY (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Gaza Strip: Israel kills three Palestinians as three wounded in internal Palestinian clash
- Three Palestinians killed in Gaza by Israeli troops
- Israeli troops kill three Palestinians in Gaza Strip
- A Palestinian protester clashes with Israeli troops (unseen) along the border with Israel near El-Bureij, in the central Gaza Strip
- Death Toll Rises to Four Palestinians in Clashes with Israeli Troops in West Bank, Gaza