Israeli Troops Shoot Palestinian in the Back near Gaza-Israel Crossing
A 21-year-old Palestinian was shot in the back by Israeli soldiers during clashes Thursday at the central Gaza Strip's Karni crossing into Israel, said Palestinian medical sources cited by AFP.
He was in stable condition, the sources said.
Around 20 Palestinian youth had been hurling stones at an Israeli military position when the soldiers opened fire, according to AFP.
The incident comes a day after the killing of six Palestinians Wednesday in an Israeli incursion into the Gaza Strip.
Two Palestinian gunmen killed two Israeli soldiers before being gunned down by Israeli troops late Tuesday.
Earlier on Thursday, six Palestinians were injured in a shootout with Israeli troops in the West Bank town of Hebron, while an Israeli woman was wounded in a drive-by shooting believed to have been carried out by Palestinians near Jerusalem, according to reports by the Tel aviv-based Haaretz newspaper – Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Second Palestinian Killed by Israeli Fire in Gaza Strip
- Three Palestinians killed in clashes with Israeli forces
- Five Palestinians shot dead in West Bank and Gaza Strip
- Death Toll Rises to Five in Confrontations with Israeli Troops in Palestinian Lands
- Palestinian Youth Killed by Israeli Army Gunfire in Gaza Strip