Israeli Woman Found Murdered in North
An Israeli woman has been found stabbed to death Wednesday in northern Israel, according to the Tel Aviv-based Haaretz newspaper.
The Israeli police believe that the incident may have been the work of “terrorists.”
The woman's husband found her body when he returned from morning prayers at a synagogue in Moshav Maor area, the Green Line border with the West Bank and the Arab-Israeli area of Wadi Ara in northern Israel, said the paper.
Large numbers of police were rushed to the scene.
The police are exploring a number of possible motives for the killing, it added.
Since the September 2000 eruption of the latest Palestinian uprising against 34 years of Israeli occupation, over 800 people, the overwhelming majority of them Palestinians, have been killed – Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Egyptian sources: hashish found on body of Israeli killed in Sinai
- Israeli officer stabbed by Palestinian woman as second woman detained for carrying knife
- Honor Crime Reported in Israel’s Druze Community
- Israel Witnesses Three Homicides in 10 Hours
- Two Palestinians Killed in Car Blast in Wadi Ara; Palestinian Boy Killed in Jerusalem; Israeli Incursions in Nablus Area