Residents of Sweidah in the Druze Mountain region are the latest Syrians to be exposed to the world of information technology and the Internet through a symposium organized by the Syrian Scientific Association of Information, according to Thawra Daily. The technology symposium includes lectures on the Internet, computer engineering and the second generation Internet.
This is another step forward in the country's plan to further integrate information technology into daily life. Until recently, the Internet was restricted primarily to certain government bodies. Syrian President Hafez al-Asad's son, Bashar, is responsible for the country's IT development and is head of the association. To this end, the association has traveled around the country in recent months holding IT workshops and symposiums.
© 1999 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- International character shows to brighten children’s Eid Free shows
- Winners of Dubai Ladies Club's fashion show to debut new collections at Dubai Bride Show
- Over 100 new exhibitors join Dubai International Boat Show’s 20th anniversary celebration
- The show must go on: Fifi Abdo's evening talk show to stay on-air
- The Horror Show: Ahmed Rateb back with horrifying TV show