Italian ENI, Gaz de France Sign Libyan Gas Supply Deal
Italian energy group ENI said on Thursday it had signed a contract to supply two billion cubic meters of gas from Libya a year to Gaz de France from 2004.
The 24-year "take or pay" contract was signed on Wednesday in Paris and is part of an agreement under which the Italian company will import eight billion cubic meters of gas from Libya from 2004.
ENI has already reached an agreement to sell four billion cubic meters of the Libyan gas to Edison.
ENI's chief executive Vittorio Mincato said the group expects to find a buyer for the remaining two billion cubic meters by the end of the year – ROME (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- ENI, Gaz de France sign gas pact
- contract with Gaz de France agreed for the supply of 2 billion cubic metres a year of Libyan natural gas
- Libyan gas supplies secure - Eni CEO
- Yemen, France sign food supply agreement
- Eni: Contract Signed with Energia Gas S.p.A. for the Supply of 2 Billion Cubic Metres of Libyan Natural Gas Per Annum