Jerusalem shooting leaves two dead, fifteen injured - mostly Arabs
A lone Palestinian gunman opened fire at an Israeli truck in Jerusalem. Israeli police arrived and shot the gunman. Two dead and fifteen injured in the incident. Most of the injured are local Arab residents
The gunman opened fire at an Israeli truck around 11:40AM local time in Jerusalem. The gunman fired at the truck as it passed near the Nablus Gate, injuring the driver. Israeli police reported that he then approached the vehicle, opened the cab door and shot the passenger.
Israeli police forces stationed nearby arrived at the scene and opened fire at the gunman, killing him. A second person, reported to be an Arab-Israeli, was also killed – at this stage it is not clear if by the gunman’s fire or from shots fired by Israeli security forces.
The Nablus Gate is located in a predominantly Arab part of Jerusalem, and it is believed most of the fifteen persons injured in the shooting are local Arab residents. Some eyewitness reports stated that several of the injured were handcuffed before they were taken away for treatment.
The Old City of Jerusalem was closed to all traffic following the incident, as Israeli security forces carried out searches for additional suspects. (Albawaba.com)
- 15 Dead in 'Mad Killing Spree' at Swiss Regional Parliament
- Damascus Gate shooting: Two dead, 12 hurt
- 23 Palestinians detained by Israel since Tuesday as spate of clashes leaves several injured, two dead
- Jerusalem: Nablus gate shooting, six hurt
- Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigades Claims Responsibility For Two Shooting Attacks, Killing Two Settlers, At Least 12 Injured