Jordan hands over to Tel Aviv Arab suspected of killing Israeli policeman
The Israeli Police Monday disclosed that the suspected killer of Lod policeman, who was shot dead in March, had been handed over by the Jordanian authorities.
Suspect Rubin Abu Zayad was arrested in Jordan, carrying a forged Belgian passport, and handed over to Israel last week. The Israeli media refrained from publishing any details of how Abu Zayad reached Jordan.
The Israeli policeman was shot to death allegedly by Abu Zayad when he stopped his car in Lod for a check on March 3. Police had placed a high priority on tracking down Abu Zayad. (Albawaba.com)
- Palestinian Policeman Killed in Israeli Firing
- Israeli police kill second Arab citizen in less than 48 hours
- Palestinian shot to death in Bethlehem as hundreds demonstrate in Ramallah against Abu Mazen
- Palestinian killed, Israeli policeman wounded in shooting attack at East Jerusalem
- Israeli fire wounds Egyptian policeman on border