Jordan Telecommunications Acquires Global One for $12.8m
Jordan Telecommunications Company and Global One announced Tuesday that they had reached an agreement by which Jordan Telecom will completely purchase Global One, a leading Jordanian Internet and International Digital Communications Company, for 12.8 million dollars.
The decision by Jordan Telecommunications has been taken to expand Internet services and provide them directly to users. JTC intends to build on Global One’s user’s base.
The manager of Jordan Telecommunication, Pierre Manet, reiterated the importance of this agreement to his company indicating that the agreement would be finalized by the end of this month.
Emad Ayyoub, Global One manager, on the other hand, emphasized that the agreement enables his company to continue providing the best internet and international digital communication services at the lowest possible prices in Jordan.
The acquisition of Global One by Jordan Telecom is considered another step in the right direction since it provides Internet services to an estimated 120,000 Jordanian users.
In a joint press release, it was announced that the company would continue providing Internet and advanced digital communication services to both companies and individuals.
Global One is one of eight Jordanian companies that provide Internet services to the private sector and individuals in Jordan, while the National Information Center provides the service to the public sector – Albawaba.com
- The Post and Telecom of Kosovo (PTK) and Dardafone Sign Heads of Agreement for Joint MVNO Operator in Kosovo
- Jordan Telecommunications Company Acquires Additional Broad-Band Capacity
- Kuwait's Mobile Telecommunications Company acquires leading mobile operator in Sub-Saharan Africa
- After Acquiring One of the Leading Financial Services Companies in Sudan
- Global Sells its Stake in Jordanian Mobile Company to Bahrain’s Batelco Netting KD7.5 million Profit