Jordan\'s King Reiterates Support for Key Palestinian Demands
Jordan's King Abdullah, who is on a two-day official visit to Austria, called on Tuesday for European help to advance the stalled Middle East peace process, and reiterated his support for key Palestinian demands, reported the Jordan Times newspaper.
His call was backed by Austrian President Thomas Klestil who said the creation of a Palestinian state and a solution to the return of refugees were crucial to an overall peace deal.
The King held talks with Klestil on bolstering Jordanian-Austrian economic relations, and increasing trade exchanges within the framework of the Jordanian-European partnership agreement, said the paper.
Both leaders examined steps to increase cooperation in tourism, and to conclude a tourism agreement and organize Jordanian cultural activities in Vienna.
Austria has a representative in the Jordan-Europe Business Association that was established in Amman in 1996.
The association objectives, according to its website, include promoting contracts and cooperation between the Jordanian private sector and counterparts in the EU countries, familiarizing Jordan's private sector with EU programs -- Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Jordan’s King Abdullah ‘fully committed’ to defending Yemeni leadership
- Saudi Arabia Reiterates Support for Palestinian Cause
- UAE Reiterates Support to Palestinians
- Taking the lead: King Abdullah of Jordan makes economic demands to Parliament
- Jordan King says no chance of alternative Palestinian homeland in meeting with Hamas chief