Kerry to be in Jordan within days - Jordan FM
US Secretary of State John Kerry is set to return to Amman in the upcoming days, Jordanian Foreign Minister Nasser Judeh said in a press conference in Ramallah on Sunday.
"John Kerry will be in Amman within days," Judeh announced at a press conference in Palestine, according to AFP.
Judeh was in Ramallah meeting with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, hours before Abbas announced Rami Hamdallah as the new Prime Minister.
The Kerry announcement came to light as Abbas and Judeh spent a lot of their time discussing the extensive efforts that the US is currently exerting over bringing the Palestinians and Israelis together at the discussion table, according to AFP.
Kerry has been in his role of Secretary of State since January, and has already made significant steps towards reviving the stagnated peace negotiations. This will be his fourth trip to Jordan since taking office.
- Kerry says Israel-Palestine framework for peace "fair and balanced," heads to Jordan for more talks
- Jordan FM Nasser Judeh on CNN
- GAM Launches Several Projects Next Month within its Celebrations of the Independence Day
- Jordan’s Prime Minister, FM visit Palestinian leader in Ramallah
- Abbas on late night trip to Jordan after meeting with Kerry