At least 13 Palestinians wounded as settlers riot in Hebron
At least 13 Palestinians were injured overnight as more than 1,000 ultra-nationalist Israelis hurled rocks at residents, homes and police jeeps in the West Bank city of Hebron. The rioting broke out as rumours spread that Israeli security forces were set to evict 100 Jewish settlers from a house the Israeli high court has ordered evacuated.
Young settlers, backed by right-wing supporters hurled rocks for several hours at Palestinian homes and police vehicles, AFP reported. At least 13 Palestinians were hurt and significant damage was caused to homes in Hebron, medics and witnesses said.
In the northern West Bank, dozens of settlers clashed with Palestinians and border police, and blocked roads in a show of support for the Israelis living in the Hebron house. The settlers insist they have bought the house, but the court said the sale was not completed.
- West Bank: At least 15 Palestinians wounded as settlers riot
- Israel orders all Jewish non-residents to leave Hebron, calling it a ”closed military zone”
- Jewish settlers reclaim a contested house in Hebron
- Palestinian stabbed in Jerusalem as tension growing in Hebron
- Jewish Settlers Block West Bank Roads, Attack Palestinian Motorists