At least five killed in Iraq attacks
A double bombing in Baghdad and a shootout in the city of Baquba killed at least five people and injured 19 others on Sunday, security sources said. Up to three people died and eight wounded, including five policemen, when a bomb targeting a patrol exploded on a through-road leading to Iraq's interior ministry, security sources at the ministry said.
As police ran to help a second bomb went off, wounding another five officers, they said, according to AFP.
Meanwhile, in Baquba, two policeman were killed and six others including a woman were wounded in a shootout, the defence ministry said.
- At least five killed in Iraq attacks
- Five Iraqis wounded in Baghdad attack as US soldier killed in rocket attack; At least nine Iraqis killed in Najaf, Kufa
- Iraq: At least five killed in bombing attack
- At least five killed in attack on Iraq Central Bank
- Iraq: Partial Cabinet approved as attacks kill at least five