Lebanese Court Sentences 20 People for Collaborating with Israel
A military court sentenced 20 people to prison terms ranging from one year to four years for collaborating with Israel during its occupation of southern Lebanon, reported The Associated Press.
Nine were sentenced to one year in jail and seven to one year - plus a fine of $270.
Two received two-year terms, one got three years and a fine of $270 and one was sentenced to four years in prison, said the agency.
Some 2,200 militiamen or former members of the Israeli-allied South Lebanon Army have surrendered to the Lebanese authorities or were captured after the Israeli pullout in May.
The court, whose verdicts cannot be appealed, has sentenced more than 700 collaborators to jail terms of up to 15 years, according to the agency - Albawaba.com
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Israeli Singer Lands 3-Year Jail Term in Egypt for Bango Trafficking
- Lebanon Sentences 20 to Jail Terms for Collaboration with Israel
- Three Lebanese Sentenced for Collaborating with Israeli Authorities
- Lebanese Court Sentences 46 Collaborators with Israel for up to 15 Years
- Lebanese Court Sentences eight for Collaboration with Israel