Lebanese Foundation Initiates Yearly Arab Woman Award
Speaking on behalf of al-Hariri Foundation, Lebanese MP Bahyah al-Hariri said that the winner of Arab Woman Award will be announced each year on February 1st.
She did not, however, describe the criteria by which the title will awarded. In an official declaration to Parliament, al-Hariri explained that this decision was made based on the recommendations of the Arab Parliamentary Association, a-Safir daily reports. In her concluding remarks, she thanked the Speaker, Nabih Berri, and the Arab social affairs ministries who supported the initiative.
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Lebanese Concerns Grow Over Economic, Political Situation
- Beirut: One dead in clashes between Amal and Future supporters
- Lebanon: Hariri, Berri hold ”positive” talks
- Parliament Speaker: Lebanon's Political Elite Illegally Wiretapped
- Lebanese Official Urges Expatriates in US to Form Group to Face Pro-Israel Lobby