In less than 24 hours: At least 56 dead in Iraq blasts
A suicide bomber on Thursday killed at least 34 people and wounded 70 near a judge's house in northern Iraq. In another attack in Baghdad at least six people were killed, the AP said.
These attacks came one day after car bombs in two villages near Mosul took the lives of 16 civilians and injured more than two dozen.
The suicide attack in the northern town of Tal Afar reported at around 6:30 a.m.. In the capital, a roadside bomb went off near a market at around 7:30 a.m. in the Sadr City district, and another bomb went off one minute later and about 100 meters away, killing six and wounding 25, a police official conveyed.
- In less than 24 hours: 165 dead, 600 wounded across Iraq
- Iraq: Invasion forces kill 56 civilians in 24 hours, British attack on Mosul thwarted
- Iraq: At least 24 dead in Iraq
- At least 15 Palestinians killed; Second Israeli raid on Gaza Strip in less that 24 hours
- Israeli Helicopters Attack Hamas Facility; Palestinian Death Toll Rises to At Least Ten in Less Than 24 Hours