Majority of Qatar Residents Are Diabetic – YouGovSiraj Poll
These are the findings from YouGovSiraj’s online Omnibus survey, conducted between 3rd and 9th of February 2010. 165 Qatar residents were interviewed.
In the Omnibus survey, majority (52%) of Qatar residents said they are personally diabetic or know someone in their immediate family/ friends who suffer from Diabetes.
Looking at the results of the survey, 9% of respondents claim they are diabetic themselves, while the remainder indicate that their spouses (11%), friends (16%), parents (43%) or other family members (44%) suffer from the disease.
“These findings are timely as the 2nd Diabetes in Asia Study Group (DASG) Conference approaches in March 2010 at Doha,” says Amir-Esmaeil Bozorgzadeh, Business Development Manager at YouGov Siraj. “It reveals how significant the incidence of diabetes is in Qatar and underlines how important it is that the government and DASG are prioritizing it as an issue to address with great care.”
- Burj Khalifa is a source of pride for Dubai and the UAE- YouGov Siraj Poll Reveals
- Young UAE Citizens Show Diabetic Vulnerability
- Saudis Support Call For Minimum Age In Marriage
- Social Stigma Barrier to Reporting Rape Crimes in the UAE, Reports YouGov Siraj
- YouGov Siraj Reports on Organic Food Reputation