Marrakech International Film Festival to kick off
The 2005 edition of the Marrakech International Film Festival will be held from 11 to 19 November. <i>Le Matin</i> reports that the screening of Stephen Frear’s film “Mrs. Henderson Presents” will mark the beginning of the Festival. The festival will feature 124 films from 15 countries. Spain production “A Golpes,” French production “Alex,” and Syria production “Bab El Karam” are among the foreign movies competing in the Festival. The Jury of the Festival will be chaired by the French director Jean Jacques Annaud. The festival will include many special events, including tribute to Martin Scorsese for his numerous masterpieces and tribute to famous Moroccan actor Amidou for his contribution to Moroccan cinema.
- Marrakech International Film Festival hosts American director Martin Scorsese
- Jean-Jacques Annaud President of Jury in the International Film Festival of Marrakech
- Moroccan movies to be shown in International Independent Film Festival
- Moroccan Director in Alexandria International Film Festival Jury
- Mediterranean short film festival in Tangier