Morgan Stanley Appoints Chairman of Investment Banking for Middle East and North Africa (MENA) business
Morgan Stanley (NYSE:MS) today announced the appointment of David Law as Chairman of Investment Banking for its Middle East and North Africa business, as part of its strategic commitment to build a market-leading presence in Institutional Securities in the MENA region.
David, who was previously Head of the Financial Sponsors Group, International, is one of Morgan Stanley’s most senior bankers, with a broad background, including M&A, Leveraged Finance and Equity Capital Markets, combined with experience working in both Europe and Asia Pacific. David has been responsible for building out the bank’s Financial Sponsors franchise across Europe, the Middle East and Asia Pacific and has close relationships with many of the leading private equity firms around the world.
In his new role, David will be responsible for continuing to grow Morgan Stanley’s Investment Banking franchise in the MENA region, working closely with May Nasrallah-Merville, Head of MENA Investment Banking. Given his deep financial sponsor experience he will place a particular focus on overseeing the development of Morgan Stanley’s business with the region’s Sovereign Wealth Funds, which represent a major strategic opportunity for the Firm. David will be based in Dubai and will report to Georges Makhoul and Franck Petitgas.
Morgan Stanley (NYSE: MS) is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management, and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, institutions and individuals from more than 600 offices in 32 countries. For further information about Morgan Stanley, please visit www.morganstanley.com
- Morgan Stanley Strengthens Sovereign Wealth Fund and Financial Sponsor
- Morgan Stanley Appoints Head of Middle East and North Africa (MENA) Equities And Distribution
- Morgan Stanley makes strategic move into Middle East
- Seeking to enhance the Banking Platform in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa... Barclays promotes MENA Azar to Chairman of Banking Europe, Middle East and Africa
- EADS Defence & Security nominates business representative for Middle East and North Africa