Nasrallah warns Israel
Hizbullah leader Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah stated Friday that Israel is no longer a nation that cannot be defeated and warned that if the Israeli army bombards Beirut or the southern suburbs Hizbullah will hit Tel Aviv. "We are now strong. We have become a strong force. Israel is no longer a nation that cannot be defeated," Nasrallah said in a speech, cited by Naharnet.
Addressing Israel, Nasrallah asked: "Can you wage war to uproot Hizbullah?"
"No, I tell you," he said.
According to him, Lebanon must have a deterrent military force. "When we have such a deterrent force, we can tell the Israelis that they will not be able to achieve their goals," Nasrallah added.
He added that Hizbullah did not believe that behind Israel's recent threats are plans for war on Lebanon. "But rather Israel is seeking to pressure the Lebanese government against Hizbullah participation" in the new Cabinet, Nasrallah said.
But, he threatened Israel against attacking Lebanon. "We tell the Israelis, today, that if they bombard Beirut or the southern suburbs we will bomb Tel Aviv," the Shiite leader warned.
- Nasrallah admits CIA infiltrated Hizbullah
- Nasrallah warns Israel over "stealing" Lebanon gas
- Israel ignores Nasrallah warning and bombs Beirut
- Nasrallah: Prisoner exchange negotiations with Israel in ''final stages'', Warns Israel from attacking Syria, Lebanon
- Nasrallah: Hizbullah can hit every target in Tel Aviv