National taekwondo teams demonstrate their skills at sports zone in Modhesh World
The Dubai Sports Council honoured the national taekwondo team recently at the sports zone in Modhesh World. The event was organized as part of Dubai Sports Council's two way objective of honoring the national teams and promoting taekwondo to the public.
Minutes before the ceremony, members of the national team put up an exciting demonstration of taekwondo for visitors of Modhesh World. Many of the visitors sought information from the sports zone about training centers where taekwondo is taught. The national team is participating in the Bahrain World Cup which begins on June 28th, 2010.
Tarek Ali, assistant coach of the national team said, "The players have finished their practice to participate in the championship and are ready to face other teams. We thank Dubai Sports Council and the management of Modhesh World for inviting us here and giving us this honour."
H. B. Leisure, DWTC, Coco-Cola, Magic Planet, Emirates, Masafi and Union Co-operative are the sponsor s of Modhesh World.
Modhesh World doors are open from 10.00am to 10:00pm (Saturday to Wednesday), 10:00am to midnight (Thursdays), and 3:00pm to midnight on Fridays. Tickets to the venue are priced at AED 10 for adults and AED 15 for children with numerous free zones and exciting activities.
- Amman Prepares to host 1st Arab Juniors Taekwondo Championship
- Dubai Sports Council organizes fencing demonstration by UAE Junior Fencing team in Modhesh World
- Sports Zone at Modhesh Fun City in cooperation with Dubai Sports Council
- UAE tennis team honoured at sports zone in Modhesh World
- Karate Champions take the stage at Modhesh World