NBK International Advisory Board to hold Bankers’ Roundtable meeting in London, October 2009
National Bank of Kuwait (NBK), the largest bank in Kuwait and most highly rated in the Middle East, is to hold an International Advisory Board Bankers’ Roundtable meeting next month in London. The Bank’s International Advisory Board brings together an impressive array of distinguished world figures in the fields of politics, economics and business and the Bankers’ Roundtable has evolved into a significant subgroup in its own right, comprising the banking and financial specialist contingent of the parent Advisory Board.
The meeting will be chaired by Sir John Major KG CH, former Prime Minister of the United Kingdom. Dr Mohamed El-Erian, CEO of PIMCO, who came to Kuwait in February of this year at the invitation of NBK as a VIP symposium speaker, will take part in the discussions, as will Sir David Walker, Senior Advisor to Morgan Stanley International who was commissioned by British Prime Minister, Gordon Brown, to write the recently published Review of Corporate Governance in UK Banks.
NBK was the first bank in the Middle East to establish an International Advisory Board, setting a precedent for banks and financial institutions in the region.
- NBK Holds its 3rd International Advisory Board Meeting in Jordan
- WEF President & AKBANK Chairman join NBK International Advisory Board
- NBK’s CEO elected Board Member at the IIF-Washington
- oscar silva joins nbk capital as chief executive of its investment banking group
- NBK delegation to attend IMF and World Bank 2009 Annual Meetings in Istanbul