Netanyahu threatens to kill released Palestinian prisoners
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Tuesday threatened to kill the Palestinian prisoners released today under the swap agreement with Hamas, if they returned to the work of the resistance and carry out attacks against Israeli targets.
Netanyahu said during a press conference held Tuesday afternoon, following the welcoming ceremony of captured soldier, Gilad Shalit. "Israel will continue to fight terrorism and target any terrorists who have been released if they returned to the practice of terrorism," he said.
He explained that he stipulated during the negotiations with Hamas that the "dangerous prisoners" will not return to the West Bank and that the detained leaders of Hamas will not be part of the deal. According to Netanyahu, these two conditions reduced the risks resulting from the deal.
- Israel Pacifies Prisoner Hunger strikers; While BiBi threatens to Kill released Prisoners
- Israel threatens to kill Palestinian Prime Minister
- Hamas Threatens to Carry out Terrorist Attacks in Israel
- Palestinians to continue campaign for UN recognition if Israel delays prisoner release
- Hizbullah chief threatens to capture more Israelis in order to release Lebanese prisoners