Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize
US President Barack Obama on Friday was surprisingly awarded 2009's Nobel Peace Prize. According to the AP, the Norwegian Nobel Committee said it decided to honor Obama for his "extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and co-operation between peoples".
It added Obama has "captured the world's attention and given its people hope for a better future." In addition, the committee conveyed it attached special importance to the American President's vision of a world free of nuclear arms.
- Nobel Peace Prize Committee Alerted to Obama Criminal Cases
- USCCAR urges Nobel Peace Prize winner President Obama to intervene immediately and stop Iraq's displacement of Ashraf residents
- Girl power! Pakistani teen Malala Yousafzai wins Nobel Peace Prize
- Taking on the Taliban, winning a Nobel Peace Prize and now Malala Yousafzai wants to be PM of Pakistan!
- Tunisian quartet wins Nobel Peace Prize