Official: Jordan's King Abdullah II to Attend OIC Summit
Jordan's King Abdullah II will attend the November 12-14 summit of the Organization of the Islamic Conference (OIC) in Qatar, Information Minister Taleb Rifai said in statements published Wednesday.
"Jordan will be represented at the ninth Islamic conference by an official delegation led by his Majesty King Abdullah II," Rifai said after a cabinet meeting late Tuesday.
Jordanian Foreign Minister Abdel Ilah al-Khatib will be leaving for Doha later Wednesday to attend a foreign ministers' meeting ahead of the summit, officials said -- AMMAN (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Jordan King not to attend Algiers summit
- Jordan Denies Arab Disagreement over Summit Agenda
- Jordanian FM: Jordan Stands behind Palestinians in Camp David Summit
- Jordanian FM: Barak to Discuss Peace Process with Jordan's King Abdullah
- Rifai: Arab Summit Should Send a Clear Message of Support to the Palestinians