Oman’s Soccer Pioneers Advance to Finals at ACC
Oman's pioneers' soccer team advanced to Asia Cup Championship finals, after they thrashed Tajikistan 3-0 in Beirut Monday.
It is the first time ever Oman’s juniors knock the finals of the competition.
Meanwhile, the Syrians failed to fulfill their hope of qualifying even with their 2-1 win over Lebanon, as they needed a win for not less than 2 leading goals.
Although the Syrians' victory brought them 3 more points, equalizing them to Oman, 10 points each, they were disqualified due to goals count: one in favor of Oman.
The Omanis, aware of the tough competition, proved determined to come out with the best result from their match against Tajikistan.
They surprised the Tajikistanis with an early goal that cast an element of disorganization on their opponents’ tactics.
In the 25th minute from the second half, the Omanis were awarded a penalty kick, which was carried out successfully to hike up their lead to 2-0. Five minutes later, Zakir Eid, a newcomer to the field, added the third goal.
The finals will take place in Iran between November 12th-26th – (Several Sources)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Tough draw for Oman in 2015 Beach Soccer World Cup
- Sakhr Software in final stages of completion for Oman’s biggest E-Government educational portal project
- Quarter Final of Pepsi Soccer Cup in Lebanon
- Omanoil’s pioneering performance reflected in record financials announced at annual general meeting
- Oman, Sakhr finalize plans for developing educational process