One Hizbullah fighter, one Israeli soldier killed in border clash
One Israeli soldier was killed and four were wounded as Hizbullah fighters slammed mortar bombs into military outposts on the Israel-Lebanon border Wednesday afternoon. At least one Hizbullah fighter was killed in the clashes. Meanwhile, news agencies reported that Israeli aircraft hit Hizbullah sites.
According to Israel Radio, a cell of Hizbullah fighters infiltrated into Israeli territories under the cover of the mortar fire. One of its members was shot dead by Israeli troops. The report said that the goal of this cell was likely to capture an Israeli soldier. In 2000, the Lebanese resistance movement kidnapped three Israeli soldiers whose bodies were exchanged for Lebanese prisoners Israel has been holding.
- Border clash leaves four Hizbullah fighters, Israeli soldier dead
- Israel: One Killed in Clash on Israeli-Lebanon Border
- At least one Israeli soldier killed, six wounded during clash with Hizbullah fighters
- Israel - Lebanon war: 12 Hizbullah fighters killed, Israeli soldiers wounded
- Two Israeli copters crash, five soldiers killed in clashes with Hizbullah