Palestinian killed by Israeli soldiers in West Bank refugee camp raid
Israeli troops shot and killed a 19-year-old Palestinian after raiding his house in the Jenin refugee camp overnight, local media reported Tuesday.
Occupation forces stormed Islam al-Tubasi's home and shot him in the leg when he tried to escape, the teen's family was quoted as saying by Ma'an news agency.
The victim was then dragged from the home and taken to a hospital where he succumbed to his wounds.
Another boy, 13-year-old Salah Ghazzawi, was also shot in the leg allegedly by a stray bullet as he stood on the balcony of his home to watch clashes that had broken out between Israeli forces and local residents of northern West Bank refugee camp, state news agency Wafa said.
Witnesses said soldiers shot several other Palestinians using live ammunition, while dozens more suffered injuries caused by stun grenades and tear gas, the report added.
Approximately 20 Israeli vehicles were involved in the attack.
Soldiers arrested at least one Palestinian, identified as 21-year-old Mohammed al-Fayed.
- Three Palestinians killed in pre-dawn Israeli raid on West Bank refugee camp
- Palestinian man killed by Israeli forces in overnight West Bank raid
- Palestinian stronghold is stormed by Israeli troops in mass overnight raids
- Palestinian man shot dead by Israeli soldiers during West Bank raid
- Israeli forces kill Palestinian teen in West Bank raid