Palestinian Bus Driver who Killed 8 Israelis Says in Court ‘not Sorry’
“I am not sorry," the Palestinian bus driver who ran over and killed eight Israelis last month said Thursday at a court hearing in Tel Aviv, said reports.
The driver, Ala Abu Elbeh, 37, of Gaza was speaking in Hebrew to Israeli reporters in his first public comments since using his bus to ram into a crowded bus stop south of Tel Aviv.
Mr. Abu Elba, a family man who had a full security clearance to work inside Israel, was charged with murdering four men and four women, seven of them soldiers.
The Palestinian was quoted by reports as telling the court that the Israeli siege on the Palestinian lands, and the series of assassinations carried out by the Israeli forces targeting Palestinian leaders were the reasons behind his vengeful act.
Abu Elbeh’s family and neighbors, in addition to Palestinian officials have confirmed that the driver had no political affiliation – Albawaba.com
- Israeli Security Claims Abu Elbeh Killed Israelis to Prove he was no Collaborator, Fateh Denies
- Nine Killed, 25 Injured as Palestinian Bus Driver Rams Group of Israelis in Tel Aviv, Palestinian Officer Assassinated
- Palestinian Driver Sentenced to Eight Lives for Killing Israelis
- Palestinian Truck Kills Israeli Driver in Jordan Valley
- Palestinian Caught with Bomb on Israeli Bus