Palestinian Child Critically Injured by Israeli Army
A Palestinian child was seriously hurt Sunday when Israeli troops opened fire near the Palestinian self-rule city of Ramallah, Palestinian witnesses said.
Omar Faruq Khaled, 10, was shot in the head as he threw stones with other children on Israeli soldiers at the city's northern entrance, the witnesses said.
The bullet went into his eye and a Ramallah hospital described his state as critical.
It was unclear whether the child was hit by a rubber bullet or a live round.
An Israeli military spokesman confirmed clashes in the area, saying soldiers "fired rubber bullets in response to stone-throwing." -- RAMALLAH, West Bank (AFP)
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- At Least 49 Palestinians Hurt in Clashes
- Three More Palestinians Killed in Palestinian-Israeli Confrontations.
- Dozens of Palestinians Wounded in Clashes with Israeli Troops Despite Truce
- Palestinian child shot in West Bank by Israeli troops
- Israeli troops wound Palestinian child as six houses destroyed in Rafah