Palestinian dies, three Israelis wounded
A young Palestinian died Sunday morning of wounds he sustained during the Israeli massacre against the Gaza Strip town of Beit Hanoun earlier this month, medical sources said.
According to Wafa, they added that Mohammed Abu Jalhoum, 17, died Sunday at hospital after being critically wounded in November 8, 2006, when Israeli forces bombed civilian buildings in Beit Hanoun town.
Meanwhile, three Israelis were injured, one of them seriously, when rockets fired from the Gaza Strip landed in the southern town of Sderot, israeli military sources have said. According to AFP, Sunday's casualties were caused in two rocket attacks, which also damaged several buildings in the town.
Other rockets landed elsewhere in Sderot and an open field, causing no casualties or damage, the sources said.
The Ezzedine al-Qassam Brigades, the armed wing of Hamas movement, claimed responsibility for the attack. "Qassam rockets have again struck the Zionist settlement of Sderot as a fast and painful response to the ongoing Zionist massacres against our Palestinian people," the statement said.
- Israeli killed, DM security guard wounded in Palestinian rocket attack
- Three Palestinians killed, one Israeli in critical condition
- Gaza Strip: Palestinians, Israel exchange fire as senior Hamas commander abducted
- Israel assassinates Fatah activist, Hamas bombs Israeli town
- Two Palestinians die in Gaza Strip