Palestinian injured in West Bank; Israel arrests two activists
A Palestinian was shot and injured Sunday morning near the Beit El settlement in the West Bank, Israel Radio reported. The Palestinian was reported to have attempted to break through the Beth El checkpoint in his car. According to Israeli reports, soldiers ordered the driver to stop, when he failed to respond they shot at his vehicle. The Palestinian was treated at a local hospital.
Earlier, a bomb detonated near an Israeli unit in the Qalqilya area over Saturday night. The explosive device was placed by Palestinians, according to a report by Israeli news agency. No one was injured in and no damage was caused by the incident.
Meanwhile, two Palestinians were arrested Sunday morning. Israeli troops arrested one man in Hebron and the second near Nablus. Israeli security forces investigated the two.
In Gaza Strip, Palestinians fired a mortar shell at the Erez military checkpoint Sunday morning, Israeli media sources reported. No one was injured. No damage resulted in this attack.
Elsewhere, Palestinians opened fire at an Israeli outpost near Rafah, on the Israeli-Egyptian border. No one was injured in this incident. (Albawaba.com)
- Israel arrests wounded Palestinian in West Bank hospital as two peace activists injured
- Building in Gaza bombed; four Palestinians killed in West Bank; two senior Palestinian activists arrested
- Israel continues West Bank offensive; Two senior Hamas activists arrested as Fatah vows to retaliate Barghouti detention
- Israel kills two Palestinians in Gaza Strip raid, arrests more than 20 in West Bank; Palestinian dies of wounds in Jenin
- Israeli forces discover explosive device at West Bank checkpoint