Palestinian injured in West Bank; Israel arrests two activists
A Palestinian was shot and injured Sunday morning near the Beit El settlement in the West Bank, Israel Radio reported. The Palestinian was reported to have attempted to break through the Beth El checkpoint in his car. According to Israeli reports, soldiers ordered the driver to stop, when he failed to respond they shot at his vehicle. The Palestinian was treated at a local hospital.
Earlier, a bomb detonated near an Israeli unit in the Qalqilya area over Saturday night. The explosive device was placed by Palestinians, according to a report by Israeli news agency. No one was injured in and no damage was caused by the incident.
Meanwhile, two Palestinians were arrested Sunday morning. Israeli troops arrested one man in Hebron and the second near Nablus. Israeli security forces investigated the two.
In Gaza Strip, Palestinians fired a mortar shell at the Erez military checkpoint Sunday morning, Israeli media sources reported. No one was injured. No damage resulted in this attack.
Elsewhere, Palestinians opened fire at an Israeli outpost near Rafah, on the Israeli-Egyptian border. No one was injured in this incident. (Albawaba.com)
- Three Palestinians killed, boy injured by Israeli forces in Gaza Strip
- Three Palestinians killed, two girls injured in Gaza Strip; Clashes reported in Nablus
- Palestinian shot dead in Gaza Strip as Islamic Jihad claims bombing attack against Israeli troops
- Three Palestinians, Two Israeli Soldiers Wounded
- Eleven Palestinians Injured in Clashes with Israeli Forces in Gaza, West Bank