Palestinian killed in Gaza Strip, two injured in Tulkarem; PA arrests Islamic Jihad leader
A Palestinian man was killed Sunday by Israeli gunfire in Beit Hanoun, in the northern Gaza Strip, PA security sources said. They said that Sami Masliah, 28, was shot - apparently by mistake - as he was returning from work.
An Israeli man was lightly injured Sunday afternoon when shots were fired at the truck he was driving near the Gaza Strip settlement of Neveh Dekalim. The man was treated at the scene.
In other developments Sunday, Palestinian police arrested a prominent spokesman of the Islamic Jihad, which took responsibility for a suicide attack last week in which 17 Israelis were killed.
Sheikh Abdullah Shami was arrested in his neighborhood in Gaza City, group officials said. The arrest came in light of intense American pressure on the Palestinians to crack down on activists behind deadly attacks in Israel.
In the West Bank, about 15 Israeli tanks and armored personnel carriers entered the town of Tulkarem. Two Palestinians were lightly wounded by Israeli fire, witnesses said. (Albawaba.com)
- Israel Kills Two Palestinian Youths, as Islamic Jihad Clashes with PA Police Attempting to Arrest Leader
- Prominent Islamic Jihad leader in Gaza Strip resigns
- Israel kills five Palestinians in Tulkarem, two in Gaza Strip
- Two PA intelligence officers killed in West Bank; Israel arrests eight Palestinians near Tulkarem
- Islamic Jihad Challenges PA Arrests of Activists