Palestinian killed, Israeli policeman wounded in shooting attack at East Jerusalem
A Palestinian gunman opened fire at Israeli police at an entrance to the walled Old City of Jerusalem on Tuesday afternoon, triggering a shootout in which a Palestinian passerby was killed and an Israeli policeman was wounded, Israeli police said.
"A policeman who noticed a suspicious person near Damascus Gate tried to question the suspect. The suspect, a Palestinian, took out a pistol, fired at the policeman and wounded him," a police spokesman said in a statement, quoted by Reuters.
"The assailant tried to escape. Police fired several shots at him. He returned fire and hit a Palestinian passerby who was killed before he escaped." The gunman fled, throwing away his pistol. Police erected road barricades and launched a search. The incident took place in Arab East Jerusalem, which includes the Old City. (Albawaba.com)
- Four Palestinians, one Israeli policeman die in separate incidents
- West Bank: One Israeli policeman killed, three wounded in shooting attack
- Palestinian Policeman Killed in Israeli Firing
- Palestinian Policeman Killed, Seven Wounded in Israeli Tank Attack after Settlers Ambushed
- One Israeli Policeman Killed, Two Injured in Suicide Bombing Attack Near Jerusalem