Three killed in clashes in Beirut refugee camp
Two of the fatalities have been identified as Ali al-Toll and Jamil al-Issaw, both Palestinians. However, there was no information yet on the identity of the third fatality.
The clashes pitted members of the Lebanese Al-Zir family, which is affiliated with militia leader Shaker Berjawi, and Palestinian groups in the camp’s Hay al-Gharbi area.
Lebanese troops managed to bring the fighting, which broke out around 6 p.m., to a halt.
The sources said that the clashes were related to drug trafficking.
- Lebanon: Three dead in Palestinian refugee camp clashes
- One day after Mieh Mieh deaths, Gaza PM slams inter-Palestinian fighting
- Jordan: Syrian refugee reportedly killed in Zaatari clashes
- Four dead, Two Wounded in Attacks in Algeria
- Tribal clashes in Ethiopian refugee camp leave at least 35 Sudanese dead