Palestinian shot dead in Gaza Strip as Islamic Jihad claims bombing attack against Israeli troops
Israeli soldiers killed an armed Palestinian and injured two others in the Gaza Strip before dawn Sunday, Israel Radio quoted Palestinian security sources as saying.
Israeli troops fired at the Palestinians when they approached the fence at the Sufa crossing in Gaza, the radio added.
Elsewhere, a Qassam rocket fired from the Gaza Strip fell in the northern Israeli town of Sderot on Sunday morning. The rocket landed in an open field, causing no injuries or damage.
In the West Bank, on Saturday night, five Israeli soldiers were lightly injured when a bomb exploded in the marketplace of the West Bank city of Nablus, Israel Radio reported. They were taken to a nearby hospital for medical treatment. The military wing of the Islamic Jihad on Sunday claimed responsibility for this attack.
In the meantime, Israel will allow 10,000 Palestinian
workers to enter Israel from the Gaza Strip on Sunday, Israel Radio reported.
This is in the framework of Israeli Defense Minister Saul Mofaz' recent decision to begin a "slight relaxation" of the tight closure on the occupied territories. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Palestinian shot dead in Gaza Strip as Qassam rockets fired on southern Israel
- Israel kills three Palestinians in Gaza Strip
- Israeli, Palestinian killed as Israel lifts closure
- Israel kills at least one Palestinian in Gaza Strip, blows up buildings
- Three Palestinians killed, boy injured by Israeli forces in Gaza Strip