Palestinians Hit Israeli Tank in Gaza Strip; Three Israeli Soldiers Killed
Three Israeli soldiers were killed and others were wounded when a bomb exploded Thursday night alongside a tank in Gaza Strip. According to Israeli media reports, the tank was dispatched to the Gaza Strip area after an earlier blast.
Israeli military sources said armed Palestinians attacked a convoy of civilian vehicles and an Israeli army tank with gunfire and roadside bombs near a Jewish settlement in the Gaza Strip.
The attack took place on a road between the Netzarim settlement and the Karni Crossing which links the Gaza Strip and Israel. The convoy included cars and a bus, the spokesman said.
"A roadside bomb was detonated and shots were fired toward the bus. We returned fire," he was quoted as saying by Reuters. "Emergency vehicles came to the area, including a tank which possibly rolled over a large explosive device."
Earlier, Israel’s Defense Minister Benjamin Ben-Eliezer said that the Israeli army prevented the entry of eight suicide bombers into Israeli territory last week. He made the comments during a meeting of the Labor Party Central Committee. (Albawaba.com)
- Threes Israeli Soldiers Killed in Bomb Blast Near Gaza Strip Settlement; Bush Attacks Israeli Actions
- Palestinian Sniper Kills Seven Soldiers, Three Settlers Near Ramallah; Israeli Soldier Killed in Gaza; PA Targets Hit
- Gaza Strip: Four Hamas members, three Israeli soldiers killed
- Eight Palestinians killed by Israeli tank fire in Gaza Strip
- Gaza Strip: Palestinian fighter, Israeli soldier killed in clash