Palestinians Plan Strike to Mark 34th Anniversary of Israeli Occupation of Jerusalem
Palestinians in occupied east Jerusalem will observe a general economic strike on Thursday to mark the 34th anniversary of Israel’s occupation of the holy city.
The leadership of the nine-month-old Palestinian uprising, or Intifada, declared the general strike would start on Thursday morning, Army Radio reported, quoted by the Jerusalem Post.
Israel took over east Jerusalem after it occupied vast swathes of Palestinian land in the 1967 Six-Day War.
Efforts to "Judaize" the occupied city have been underway since then, making Jerusalem a thorny issue in peace negotiations between Israel and the Palestinians – Albawaba.com
- New Suicide Bomb Attack Rocks Occupied Jerusalem
- PNA Official: Palestinians Recognize Jewish Interests in Jerusalem
- EU, US not to attend Israel ”Jerusalem Day” celebration
- Palestinians Clash with Israeli Police for Second Day in East Jerusalem
- Palestinians Fire at Jewish Settlement near Occupied Jerusalem