Palestinians Plan Strike to Mark 34th Anniversary of Israeli Occupation of Jerusalem
Palestinians in occupied east Jerusalem will observe a general economic strike on Thursday to mark the 34th anniversary of Israel’s occupation of the holy city.
The leadership of the nine-month-old Palestinian uprising, or Intifada, declared the general strike would start on Thursday morning, Army Radio reported, quoted by the Jerusalem Post.
Israel took over east Jerusalem after it occupied vast swathes of Palestinian land in the 1967 Six-Day War.
Efforts to "Judaize" the occupied city have been underway since then, making Jerusalem a thorny issue in peace negotiations between Israel and the Palestinians – Albawaba.com
- Palestinians mark 64th Nakba Day
- 1948 'disaster' still resonates among Palestinians as they mark the 65th anniversary of Nakba
- Palestinians Plan General Strike Monday against Occupation of Orient House, Arafat Appeals for Int'l Pressure
- Clashes in Egypt mark general strike anniversary
- Intifada against Three Decades of Israeli Occupation Hits Second Year