Private equity firm Global Environment Fund announces investment in UPC Renewables China Holdings Ltd.
“UPC has been working in China since 2006, and we have seen this market go from a standing start to one of the largest in the world for wind energy. We expect to see sustained long term growth in the wind market in China, and UPC, with support from GEF, is looking forward to participating fully in this market,” said Brian Caffyn, CEO and Chairman of UPC.
“We are pleased to be partnering with UPC in its ambitious plans for China. This is a tremendous opportunity to support a world-class wind developer in one of the world’s best clean energy markets,” said Jeffrey Leonard, CEO of GEF. “GEF has known the international sponsors of UPC for many years and we believe that their global experiences, combined with a strong local team of highly skilled Chinese professionals, positions the company well for this market.”
- NEF and CREIA jointly release “China’s Top Ten Renewable Energy Developments in 2007
- Siemens to become equity partner in offshore wind park installation specialist A2SEA
- Gulf Capital Closes Its Heavily Oversubscribed Third Private Equity Flagship Fund at US$750 million (AED 2.76 billion)
- Leading European Private Equity firm Fortune Management to list its Shares on DIFX
- Emirates Foundation announces support for GEF 2010