Prosecutors Arrive at Suharto's Son's House to Arrest Him
Indonesian prosecutors, accompanied by police, arrived Friday at the central Jakarta home of the youngest son of former Indonesian president Suharto with the intention of arresting him, witnesses said..
"We've come to execute the sentence on Tommy," Fahmi (Eds: one name), the chief prosecutor in the land scam case on which Hutomo "Tommy" Mandala Putra was convicted of corruption, told an AFP reporter at the house.
Asked what they would do if Tommy was not home, Fahmi replied: "We'll wait."
The prosecutors had arrived at the home of the 38-year-old business magnate in convoy with a truck carrying police officers -- JAKARTA (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Suhartos Son Quizzed by Police For Two Hours Over Bombings
- Indonesian Government Has No Intention of Making a Deal with Tommy
- Indonesian police launch manhunt for Suharto's fugitive son
- Indonesian Prosecutors Seize another House of Suharto Fugitive Son
- Fugitive Son of Indonesian Ex-President to Surrender in His Own Time