Qatar 2022 Bid Chairman and CEO to Speak at Leaders in Football Conference
Sheikh Mohammed bin Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani, Chairman of the Qatar 2022 Bid Committee, and Hassan Al Thawadi, Bid Chief Executive Officer, will be speaking at the Leaders in Football conference in London which takes place between 7 and 8 October 2009. It represents the first international presentation of Qatar’s bid for the 2022 FIFA World Cup.
On 8 October Sheik Mohammed will be speaking about Qatar’s bid for the 2022 FIFA World Cup, and what it would mean for football development in Qatar and the wider Middle East, while Hassan Al Thawadi will be participating in a panel discussion titled: “Football and the Middle East: what next?”
Hassan Al Thawadi, CEO of Qatar 2022, said: “The Leaders in Football conference is an important milestone for Qatar’s World Cup bid. It gives us an opportunity to communicate to senior figures in football about our 2022 bid and to show that our plans are strong, compelling and innovative. This event is also an important international platform for us to demonstrate how far football in Qatar has progressed in recent years and our footballing ambitions for the future.”
Other members of the Qatar Bid Committee will also travel to London to attend the conference.
- Tunisian, Algerian experts to speak at Asian Conference on Science and Football Medicine in Oman
- Strong delegation from Qatar 2022 Bid Committee joins football’s global power-brokers in South Africa
- US First Lady to speak at education conference in Qatar
- Qatar FA president hit back at Dyke over 2022 World Cup bidding process
- Hassan Al Thawadi to speak at the “Dean’s Lecture Series” at Carnegie Mellon