Qatar 2022 Bid Chairman and CEO to Speak at Leaders in Football Conference
Sheikh Mohammed bin Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani, Chairman of the Qatar 2022 Bid Committee, and Hassan Al Thawadi, Bid Chief Executive Officer, will be speaking at the Leaders in Football conference in London which takes place between 7 and 8 October 2009. It represents the first international presentation of Qatar’s bid for the 2022 FIFA World Cup.
On 8 October Sheik Mohammed will be speaking about Qatar’s bid for the 2022 FIFA World Cup, and what it would mean for football development in Qatar and the wider Middle East, while Hassan Al Thawadi will be participating in a panel discussion titled: “Football and the Middle East: what next?”
Hassan Al Thawadi, CEO of Qatar 2022, said: “The Leaders in Football conference is an important milestone for Qatar’s World Cup bid. It gives us an opportunity to communicate to senior figures in football about our 2022 bid and to show that our plans are strong, compelling and innovative. This event is also an important international platform for us to demonstrate how far football in Qatar has progressed in recent years and our footballing ambitions for the future.”
Other members of the Qatar Bid Committee will also travel to London to attend the conference.
- Strong delegation from Qatar 2022 Bid Committee joins football’s global power-brokers in South Africa
- Qatar´s hosting of Brazil-England classic a fantastic success
- Qatar 2022 Passes 500,000 Online Fans
- Qatar 2022 announces legendary Qatari 1981 team as World Cup bid ambassadors
- W Doha Flies The Flag For Qatar 2022 Bid