Qatar to Export Gas to Kuwait
Qatar and Kuwait discussed Monday ways of exporting Qatari gas to Kuwait, during a meeting between Qatar’s Energy Minister Abdullah bin Hamad Al Attiyah with officials at the Kuwait Petroleum Company.
The two sides reviewed the progress of bilateral negotiations in the light of a memorandum of understanding signed between the two countries for exporting 1 billion cubic feet of gas per day from Qatar's north field to Kuwait, reported the Gulf Times newspaper.
Sources told the paper that the implementation of the project was linked to the setting up of a fourth oil refinery at a cost of 1.6 billion dollars at Al-Ahmadi district.
A final agreement is expected to be signed in the near future, said the sources – Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Capivest and capcorp sign an underwriting agreement in Kuwait for aiap Qatar
- Qatar to supply Kuwait with gas
- Qatar's economic boom continues supported by massive investment flows and rising oil and gas exports
- With $2.46 TRILLION to be spent on oil, gas, and water projects, what will the future Middle East look like?
- Kuwait economy's growth one of the highest in the world