Qatar, Germany to Increase Football Cooperation
Following a meeting between Qatar and German football representatives, it was decided that the two sides would establish strong cooperative programs.
This is the outcome of the recent visit to Doha by the German football association chairman, Dr. Braun and its general secretary, Rudolph Schmidt. A-Ra'i daily reports that following the meeting with Shiekh Khalifah Ben Hassan al-Thani, the Qatari football association chairman, they decided to sign a memo of understanding, which includes organizing friendly games, establishing training camps for the Qataris and introducing German expertise and experience in training and refereeing. According to Dr. Braun, the date of the friendly match in Doha is yet to be determined. Regarding other issues, Dr. Braun expressed his hope that Germany would host the 2006 World Cup - for the first time since the German reunification in 1989.
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- General Organisation Of Sea Ports Signs Key Logistics Agreement With Federal Republic Of Germany
- GCC new unified labour contract turns up the heat on Qatar
- UEFA urges Spain to drop action against Qatar 2022 date
- Qatari and Palestinian football associations sign cooperation agreement
- Only Qatar bourse gained in the Gulf region last year