Qatar's former emir returns home to attend funeral
Qatar's former emir Sheikh Khalifa bin Hamad al-Thani returned to Doha to attend his wife's funeral. According to AFP, it was the first time for him in the country since he was ousted by his son in a 1995 palace coup.
"The emir-father Sheikh Khalifa bin Hamad al-Thani returned to Doha this morning. Emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa al-Thani led (members of the ruling family) who greeted him," the QNA news agency said Thursday.
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Family Ready to Accept Runaway Bahraini Princess' Stay in US
- Former Gunner Henry lifts Emirates cup
- Qatar to send delegation to economic summit despite dispute
- Etihad supports global young leaders to attend International Leadership Summit
- Fifty One East hosts the Emir's Cup to celebrate Qatar's biggest football championships