Radio: Synagogue Vandalized in West Bank Jewish Settlement
A synagogue in a Jewish settlement in the West Bank was vandalized overnight, with anti-Semitic graffiti and death threats painted on the walls, Israeli army radio reported Friday.
The unknown intruders inscribed slogans in Hebrew and Arabic praising Nazi leader Adolf Hitler and the Lebanese Shiite Muslim group Hezbollah as well as threats to kill the settlers, the radio said.
A Nazi swastika was also painted on the chest containing the sacred scrolls of the Torah.
Finally the perpetrators turned on the taps and flooded the building.
The future of Jewish settlements is a key issue in the stalled final status talks between Israel and the Palestinians.
The four weeks of fierce clashes between the two sides have seen isolated incidents of attacks on each other's religious buildings -- JERUSALEM(AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Huge Blast At Shopping Mall in Jewish Settlement in the West Bank
- Jewish pianist performs in West Bank, faces death threats in Israel....
- Bomb Blast at Jewish Settlement in West Bank, No Injuries
- Jewish extremists vandalize Palestinian grave in another "price tag" attack
- IDF, far-right settlers clash over razing of illegal houses in the West Bank